I never thought I’d be nominated for blogger awards at all, let alone within the first month of me blogging but here we are! I was recently nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award and if ya don’t know what it is let me share:
The Sunshine Blogger Award is about the blogging community and gives insight to the amazing people within the community.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions which the blogger who nominated you asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and ask them 11 different questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post and/or on your blog site.
I was nominated by two bloggers in a short space of time so I decided why not show love to both of them for nominating me.
I chose five questions from their lists to answer (I put their initial by their question). There was one question that they both asked so that one is the 11th question.
I hope you guys enjoy my answers and read through to see who I’ve nominated!
- How do you come up with your blog post ideas? What’s your process? (E)
I begin with the analog method of writing down a ton of ideas per blog category. I transfer the ones that are most feasible for me to attack or most relevant to the month/season to a very complicated digital process. It works.
- What is your preferred social media for blogging? What about for personal use? (E)
Instagram is key because it’s visual but I really hate their algorithm. Twitter is my preference because I feel it gets more real over there. Facebook who?
- If you could only be one age for the rest of your life, what age would you choose? (M)
I always want to be 30, flirty and thriving. It was the best year of my life, come back.
- If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be? (E)
Grow your fro even bigger – it will solve all the problems.
- What is the most annoying question people ask you? (M)
You’re so cool, why don’t you just magically have the life I want for you even though I know things are tough for you right now and I’m not offering any financial help or resources to assist you with obtaining said life but you’re so cool and why?
- What’s your favourite feeling? (E)
I really enjoy the feeling when I’m seriously not giving a fuck – especially when people ask me that annoying question…
- What could you give a presentation on with zero preparation? (M)
How to be a unicorn princess from the planet Mars and sparkle in the midst of darkness
- The Number One Rule that you live by, go! (M)
I live by the rule of me; Olli comes first. In my past I put everyone first, I gave so much for others and I have zero to show for it. Now when my life is hard and everyone is living well, no one is helping me. So I live by the rule of me and I’ll still be helpful, but I’m putting myself first.
- List three TV shows that you would gladly watch over and over (E)
I actually do watch these over and over: Star Trek Voyager (It’s really annoying knowing they could go home if they would stop exploring every little thing), The Good Wife (Khalinda so fine) and Death Note – I know it’s Anime but it’s well thought out.
- When was the last time you changed your belief/opinion on something? What was it? (M)
I am actually starting to question everything around me. Are we real? What is the purpose? I can’t stay in one state of mind.
- Why did you start blogging? Why do you continue? (E) / What is the reason that you originally started your blog? (M)
You can read the reasons why I started a blog (esp considering there are a ton of lifestyle blogs out there) but basically, I have a lot to say, I wanted to try something new and cause I can. BAM. I continue to blog because it really is bringing structure into my life.
Who did I nominate? I choose a few people who I connect with regularly, but the majority of the people I nominated are people I’ve been watching (not stalking, not stalking!) and enjoying their hustle.
Here are my questions:
- Who is your fav influencer and what do you like about their content?
- What’s the weirdest lie you believed as a child?
- How did you pick the name for your blog?
- What’s your least fav food and why?
- What’s the hardest challenge you had to overcome during your blogging journey so far?
- Describe your fashion style in three words!
- What’s the biggest piece of advice you would give to a newbie blogger?
- What’s an unexpected thing that makes you feel really happy?
- What is your fav season of the year and why?
- Do you have a pet name for your readers? Yes/No and share what it is/would be!
- Do you ever censor yourself/your true voice when blogging and why?
I chose the following bloggers because I enjoy their energy online. I could have easily chosen people who I interact with regularly but I decided to connect with a new group, people who I see from time to time online but I might not connect with as regularly as others.
butfirstcoffeewithjen.blogspot.com // simplyanjhanee.com // thisleoloves.com // thepaconfessions.blogspot.com // wakeuptowanderlust.com // lovelealyds.com // dreamwithconfidence.com // thoughtsfromjasmine.co.uk // makeeatrepeat.co.uk // lifewithtelia.com // thefreckledky.com //