October was beautiful; I started a new business, I saved some money, my knowledge of UK Black History deepend and the sun shined alot. Awesomesauce. By keeping my November goals short and sweet, I allowed myself to focus on what needed to be done.
don’t forget to pin this!
Heads up, I use affiliate links.
I might receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no extra cost to you. These funds help me maintain the blog.
Usually I avoid the “new year, new me” talk, but this season I am embracing it. I want 2020 to be banging so next year I’m putting in the work. 2019 will be a year of focus, growth, redirection and I’m using the new year to help shape a new me.
What does this have to do with the blog?
I’m def focusing on elevating Olliviette. I’m questioning where I want to take the blog and how I want to approach the way it works for me. I have no shame in saying I want my blog to present opportunities. I’d love to write for publications, speak at events, work with other bloggers.
Here’s a quick runthrough of some amazing things that happened to me in October:
- My homepage and about me page had a makeover (be sure to check it out!)
- Last month I met a few of the bloggers I chat with on Twitter
- Is Self-Care Just Another Instagram Trend was my most popular blog post – click to see why
- I took the plunge and organized a blog collab post for November
- Pinterest is looking AH MAAAAZE INGG – my pinterest boards are so bomb
- I reached nearly 1k on Twitter (follow me and say hi, it’s my fav social media outlet)
- I attended my first blog events for Olliviette
My November goals are pretty simple:
Continue to be consistent with my posting, creating quality images and connecting with others – I find when I keep this goal broad and on a general level, I don’t get overwhelmed when it comes to doing the little things.
Do more networking + grow The Coco Creativ – I launched my creative services and blogging/entrepreneurial advice blog last month and the support has been amazing! Even though this goal is pretty straightforward, a lot of work has gone into cultivating The Coco Creativ. I def want my blog coaching services to take off before the end of the year (hello extra Christmas money) and that’s one of the biggest things I will focus on this month.
Not worry about others – I shared how jealousy was something I dealt with when I started blogging originally waaaay back in the day. I’m not jealous of anyone anymore, but I do need to remind myself that the paths I am choosing are right for my blogs.
October blog posts
During October I aimed to publish my posts on schedule and that’s exactly what I did. Here’s a recap of what I posted last month (feel free to have a read!):
- October Goals
- Is Self Care Just Another Instagram Trend
- My 17 Year Natural Hair Journey Helped Me Love Myself More
- 5 Ways to Survive the Holiday Season
- 50 Shades of Same – Do We Need More Diversity In the Blogging World?
New look, new vibes
Sadly I had an issue with my blog theme at the start of October and it caused some issues to my site. I ended up installing a new theme and decided to revamp the homepage. I also made some changes to my About Me page. I feel both pages look amazing now and I encourage you to take a look.
Last but not least, here are 5 things I’m looking forward to in November:
- Finally getting my pink wig – if you follow me on Twitter you’ve probably seen me tweet about this a few times. I have natural hair so protecting it during these cold months is a must. Why not go pink?
- Getting business cards for Olliviette – Last month I got business Cards for Coco Creativ via Vistaprint; and now it’s Olli’s turn.
- Prepping for some shopping – I rarely shop, I’m not a fan of having a ton of things around me but I am looking at getting some necessary items for the blog (and a few clothes). I have a handy gift guide filled with practical gift ideas over on Coco Creativ. Check it out.
- Planning my “new year, new me” goals – I’m looking forward to getting my life! Of course I’ll be sharing some of this on the blog so be on the lookout.
- Drinking more water – I’ve been slacking on this area so this month I’m in dire need of getting more water in my system, feeling good, and preparing my body for winter. Ideally I like to get 4-6 glasses in a day.
Yes, dorko Olli is looking forward to drinking water. Anyway, that’s a pretty good post, if I say so myself. Here’s to an amazing month of growth, glowing up and getting ish done.