I have a sad confession to make: I have never owned lingerie. Ever. I’m not talking about the typical bra or panty – duh, I have underwear. When I say I’ve never owned lingerie I mean something feminine, girly, seductive, sexy. I have never bought anything that hypes my womanly feeling.
The one time I tried to purchase something sexy I gave up about twenty minutes in. Meanwhile, my smaller sized cousin was shopping up a storm in Victoria Secret without trying a thing on! The nerve, the audacity. She could just…throw em in her basket…without??? Imagine….
That was six years ago so I decided to give lingerie shopping another shot in the hopes of awakening my sensual side. The thing is I am on a tight budget so I knew whatever I found would be something I was settling for quality wise.
I had to give myself a reality check – my ass could only afford Primark. So I happily marched my butt into Primark and took on the challenge. I was going to find something affordable that made me feel sexy (or at least cute) and I was going to rock it.
The result? This set for only £5! I almost dismissed this but at the last minute I took a chance and tried it on. Let me share what I love and what’s meh.
- The price has to be my first love. Since I’m on a struggle budget, I appreciated this was a two piece and I got a good deal for my money. Some of the other bralettes available started at £8 and that’s without any matching panties. Winning!
- This set came in some really cute colors. I chose this wine color because I feel it is sultry and since it didn’t come in black (which I would have preferred) I chose the next darkest color. The available colors were olive, light blue, light pink (SOOOOO cute) and white. I don’t like wearing light undies so hello wine.
- This is easy to put on (and take off…). There’s no clasp so it’s easy to adjust and I believe that helped this particular bralette fit better than some of the other options I tried.
- It made me feel cute. I’m not sure if this was because it was the only option out of about 8-9 that actually made my boobs look good or if it’s because I actually feel good about myself in it. I only tried it on again once after shopping and it was just to see how I looked wearing it in my own environment. Time will tell.
- I really wanted this in black. I’m happy it wasn’t available because it made me try something new but I think it would have been so sexy in that color.
- The fit is a little off. Remember I mentioned my body being small? The bottom part of the bralette is a little large and doesn’t fit as tightly as I would like.
- The cups only give minimal support (but I expected that). None of the bralettes I tried on genuinely supported me but this did the best job. If I lean over and make adjustments it’s okay but I would only wear this set in the house or I would wear it out and about if I went on vacation. I don’t feel comfortable without a lot of support.
I am happy with this. I originally had a budget of £10 so this was a steal! I have always wanted to try the bralette style but because of my breasts I’ve been hesitant. For something so cheap (I mean let’s call it what it is) It’s okay. A solid 6.5 out of 10.
I really wanted to try a teddy but Primark wouldn’t allow me to try it on because of hygienic reasons. I didn’t argue but due to my boobies I wanted to see if it would fit. I would have worn my own underwear with it (safety first) but it’s really weird to me that they don’t have those plastic panty guards in ANY of their panties.
The first thing I did when I got home was wash both pieces because hygiene and I’m reminding you guys to do the same whenever you buy anything new, no matter what it is. I think if my budget allows or there’s an amazing sale I might venture into teddy shopping at Victoria Secret.
Are you lingerie obsessed? Leave me a lingerie tip in the comments like where you go shopping for your favs, a hot spot for a big boob/dainty body girl or even what you do to look sexy in the bedroom! Can’t wait to read em!
Glad you liked this post! The fun doesn’t have to stop. Here are a few of my fav posts!
- Why I Don’t Care If I’m Curvy Or Not
- Tips to help you with your natural hair
- Minimalism: 5 Piece Jewelry Collection
- I’ve Never Been in Love
Did you know I also have a small blogger + biz owner tips website? Here are a few ways you can connect with me over at The Coco Creativ: